After 2 months of waiting, yesterday I got the news I would not be running Western States in 2016. All that means is that I get to qualify again and run a 100 mile race that all my friends can be at! Instead of running Western as my first 100, I will be running the Vermont 100. Below is my planned race calendar for the first half of 2016:
- TARC Hale and Back 6 Hour – March 26th
- TARC Spring Classic Half Marathon – April 23rd
- North Face Endurance Challenge 50 Miler – April 30th
- Pineland Farms 50K/50 Miler – May 29th
- Vermont 100 Miler – July 16th
Hopefully all of these will go smoothly and be a nice solid ramp to 100 miles in the middle of the summer. Ideally, if everything goes well I will spend the fall looking to get point for both UTMB and a Hardrock qualifier. But that’s a bit too far into the future to decide. Hopefully I’ll see a bunch of you out there!